[Melbourne-pm] OSDC 2011 expressions of interest

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Thu Nov 4 22:20:42 PDT 2010

The Open Source Developers' Conference is a grass roots open source software development conference for developers that has been running since 2004. There have been 6 conferences in Australia, and the 7th will take place in Melbourne later this month. There have also been a number of very successful international OSDC conferences.

The Executive Committee are looking for expressions of interest for a team to run the conference for 2011.

The conference is:
* Grass roots open source software developers' conference
* Run nominally over 3 days (optional tutorial days)
* Has between 150 and 300 attendees
* Runs around late November or the first week of December (2011)
* Has 3 streams and approximately 50 talks
* Tickets around $300
* Provides morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea each day, and one dinner
* Run somewhere in Australia (although we would consider other local regions)

What you will get as a successful team:
* Solid seed funding and backup funding
* List of sponsors and contacts
* Help from experienced papers and organising team members
* IT Infrastructure, including virtual hosting, past software, domains, email lists etc
* Access to past email lists and speaker information

We would like expressions of interest for running OSDC 2011 by Sunday the 14th of November 2010. They can be in any form from an email to a full presentation. We would like to know that you have secured at least a conference organiser and 2IC, with other team members joining later. Send your expression of interest to exec at osdc.com.au (Cc:scottp at dd.com.au).

Although the time line is very short, this year we are providing a much longer lead time in which to gain sponsorship, and organisers. You will have just over 12 months to organise it, while previous years have had typically less than 8 months.

Scott Penrose
OSDC President