[Melbourne-pm] Not performing so well..

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Sun May 23 23:15:18 PDT 2010

On 24/05/10 15:58, Daniel Pittman wrote:
> Toby Corkindale<toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au>  writes:
>
>> So, I received some more optimisations for the Scala version..
>
> [...]
>
>> Of possibly interesting note is the memory sizes:
>> Scala: 214 MB
>
> What happens to Scala performance with -Xmx128M, to force it to actually GC
> the garbage being produced?

I just tried with 128M, 64M, 512M and without any options.
In every case, it used 114M of ram, and took about the same length of time.

I think I may have made a typo when i said 214M before. Also, that the
-Xmx512M option isn't being passed through.

Also that I should have written EXPORT in the script. Oh dear.

Running that all again..

Now it's matching the sizes up, and there's maybe a fraction of a second
difference.. Like 250ms or so.. it's hard to tell, since that's about
the error margin for the tests anyway, but running them over and over I
think the average is a tiny bit higher.
That was with the 64M option, since the 128m was actually higher than it
was using, just..