[Melbourne-pm] creating portable bundles of modules

Malcolm Herbert melbourne-pm at mjch.net
Tue Feb 2 22:05:14 PST 2010

I have a need to be able to bundle a few CPAN-sourced modules together
with some of my own code for both NetBSD and Linux of various flavours.
What's the best method for doing this?

On my own systems I'm using pkgsrc to do the heavy-lifting here, however
that's only because I have admin on my local hosts - I won't have root
access on the remote Linux hosts I'm installing on and am a little lost
as to how to go about it all without it ... :)

I'm aware that I will probably need to do some per-environment setup for
each Perl module and would prefer to automate this as much as possible.

... the complication is that I probably won't be able to run a compiler
toolchain on the remote hosts as they're not development boxes either,
so some modules could be impossible to install in-situ ...

How have people solved this issue in the past?

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch at mjch.net                                                left blank