[Melbourne-pm] Run Perl Script from HTML

Toby Wintermute tjc at wintrmute.net
Thu Sep 24 05:24:47 PDT 2009

2009/9/24 Gerd Berner <gberner at intraspect.com.au>:
> Hello all
> A number of responses already - Thanks!
> I should perhaps provide a few more details.  I need to provide a very
> simple graphing application.  A number of clients will be receiving a CSV
> file on a weekly basis and need to be able to graph and trend a number of
> the fields against a date field which is also included in the file.
> Requirements:
> - Cannot assume that the receivers will have MS office (or else they could
> possibly use Excel or Access)
> - There will be no Webserver available
> - Needs to work on Windows, Linux, Mac
> - cannot assume any particular web browser

Hmm...
Given those requirements, I think Java is the way to go..
You can embed it within an HTML document, and it'll be executable and
able to do things like accept a CSV file and produce graphs. Java
applets will run on Windows, Linux and Mac.

Major downside? You'll have to program it in Java ;)

-Toby