[Melbourne-pm] OT: Re: FW: Bamboozled by perl

Sam Watkins sam at nipl.net
Sun Oct 4 23:05:17 PDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 04:01:13PM +1100, Daniel Pittman wrote:
> > no one uses comments inside emails and all that crap.
>
> Sure they do.  I know several people who have done so precisely *because* it
> reduces the number of tools that can recognise their address — it turns out
> that spammers, like you, make all sorts of assumptions about what actually
> happens...

Excellent, then my tool is doing the right thing by ignoring your friends'
email addresses, as they wish for them to be ignored.  ffs how much pedantic
bullshit discussion do we need to have about a one-line hack?

Would that one-liner be better if it used a 10 line POS RFC-conformant regexp?

read this if you care that much: http://www.regular-expressions.info/email.html

!@#$!@#%!#@$!@#$!@#$!@$  <-  perl code expressing my pedanticidal mood

(I'm grumpy already because of some bullshit on a different list.)