[Melbourne-pm] Scaling perl

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Sun Oct 4 16:30:51 PDT 2009

Jacinta Richardson <jarich at perltraining.com.au> writes:
> Daniel Pittman wrote:
>
>>     my @strings = qw{one two three ... twenty-thousand};
>>     print join(", ", map { length } @strings), "\n";
>
> The only change I'd make to the above, is to show explicitly how to do this
> using the strings John was using (and be explicit about the argument to
> length()):

Thanks.  Jacinta has also pointed out, privately, that my example of
equivalent Perl code doesn't have exactly the same semantics as the version
above.

I was intending it more as a pseudo-code illustration than strictly executable
code, but I didn't actually say that, so sorry for any unintended confusion I
caused there.

        Daniel

   Looking for work?  Love Perl?  In Melbourne, Australia?  We are hiring.