[Melbourne-pm] Next meeting: TONIGHT!

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Tue Mar 10 20:08:42 PDT 2009

G'day Lex,

Welcome to Melbourne Perl Mongers!

Lex Hider wrote:

> Was thinking about attending if that's OK?
> What's involved?

You turn up.  ;)  If you're feeling social, you may even talk to people.
There's no signing in, no registration, no testing of knowledge.  It's quite
painless, really.

> I'm a Perl newbie, almost finished "Learning Perl", just bought the
> Alpaca book.
> Studied some computer science in the past, run Linux on desktop for
> almost a decade, looking to start a career in programming eventually.

Excellent!  You'll fit right in.

I'd recommend sticking around for the social activities afterwards[1].
Melbourne.pm is filled with some very smart people, many of whom are doing
some very cool things in Perl.

I also like meeting new people, so if you get the chance, say hi to me. ;)

Look forward to seeing you there!

	Paul

[1] The social portion usually involves a place that serves beer, and I've
seen Simon has already voted for Beer DeLuxe.  ;)

--
Paul Fenwick <pjf at perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/