[Melbourne-pm] MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT: Tomorrow (Wednesday) 14th January
pjf at perltraining.com.au
Mon Jan 12 19:11:40 PST 2009
Just a reminder that the next Melbourne.pm meeting is happening tomorrow
(Wednesday) night! I look forward to seeing you there!
When: Wednesday, 14th January, 6:30pm
Where: Remasys Pty Ltd
180 Flinders St
MELBOURNE VIC 3121
Talk: Awesome things you've missed in Perl! (Paul Fenwick)
Awesome things have been happening in Perl recently; so many that even if
you've been paying close attention, you may have missed a few. In this talk
we'll examine some of the coolest recent technologies for Perl programmers,
* Overhauling Perl's Object Oriented framework with Moose.
* Making everything a first-class object with autobox.
* Slashing your error handling code with autodie.
* Building fast, readable and reusable regular expressions with Perl 5.10.
* Bundling and building stand-alone applications using PAR, the
* Astonishingly good profiling with Devel::NYTProf.
* Playing MineSweeper automatically with App::SweeperBot.
Knowledge of Perl is nice, but not essential to appreciate the contents of
Paul Fenwick <pjf at perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/
Director of Training | Ph: +61 3 9354 6001
Perl Training Australia | Fax: +61 3 9354 2681
More information about the Melbourne-pm