[Melbourne-pm] Git branches and PS1

Alec Clews alec.clews at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 22:47:43 PST 2009

If you have the misfortune to be using Windows, but the good fortune to
have installed Cygwin make the following change to the
git_completions.bash file

__git_ps1 ()
{
        [[ $OS == "Windows_NT"  &&  $(stat -f -c %t $PWD) == 4000f ]] &&
return   # <== add this
        local g="$(git rev-parse --git-dir 2>/dev/null)"

This stops the git search if you are using an SMB network share which is
VERY slow.

NB the magic value 0x4000f was obtained empirically -- YMMV

Make sense?

--
Alec Clews
Personal <alec.clews at gmail.com>			Melbourne, Australia.