[Melbourne-pm] Hello World...

Mathew Robertson mathew.robertson at netratings.com.au
Mon Dec 7 18:12:11 PST 2009

Sam Watkins wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 10:22:55PM +1100, Scott Penrose wrote:
>
>> Here is a very fun yet silly idea :-)
>>
>> 	http://hellowiki.org/
>>
>> A wiki of hello world examples.
>>

> I didn't check it out yet due to my system being busy doing something else
> right now.  I reckon it would be nice to extend it to have a "pleasing example"
> for each language also,
[snipped rainbow example]

How do you define pleasing?

Perl's CPAN is far more useful than pretty much any other
language/library, so I'm not sure we can show good examples, without
writing examples for most of CPAN.

For the Boost library (aka C++), how do you show that compile-time
compilation is taking place?

And if you like the Java's acronym soup, then a single 80x25 isn't going
to cut it...

I'm somewhat of a fan of the GNU Hello world example... ;)

regards,
Mathew Robertson