[Melbourne-pm] perl is a terrible language to learn

Ben Hare benhare at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 16:04:38 PDT 2008

if i remember correctly you haven't worked as a developer before?
that's why you're stating this once again i guess :) because this has
been said a million times to the point where if you start this
discussion in the work place people will just walk away from you! most
people i know that use Perl don't like Java and vice versa. and all
the people that hate Perl seem to hate it for the same reasons the
people who like it like it. the most common reason for hating it seems
to be exactly what you just said - where are the rules? where is the
structure? i don't really see it as any skin off Perl's nose. off to
java for you!