[Melbourne-pm] perl is a terrible language to learn

John Thornton jdthornton at ozemail.com.au
Wed Sep 17 07:01:55 PDT 2008

       Where are the rules in this dog's breakfast called Perl??

       I think that it is a terrible language to learn. I am enjoying
learning Java instead.

       Perl reminds me of when I studied VCE geography. I studied the
theories on why cities grow into shapes. There was the ring theory. Then
there was this smart alec theory that basically said "there are no rules at
all, the city just grows" and that's like Perl.

       It's bye to Perl. I already see far more logic in Java.

       John