[Melbourne-pm] Acer Aspire

Ryan, Martin G Martin.G.Ryan at team.telstra.com
Thu Sep 11 16:35:27 PDT 2008

Hello all

> ... I'll soon be in the market for a new linux box (doesn't have to be
> desktop) ... Cheap and reliable is what I'll be looking for. Any advice welcome.

You can get a $450 (after cash back) genuine Toshiba laptop from here...

http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/

The "catch" is that you have to do it before 12 midday today - though this particular offer has come up at least twice before around a month to six weeks apart.  I've bought much stuff from them without issue so far.  I've just noted that there's a $30 delivery fee and the bag is antoher $20 bucks.  So depending on what you believe should be included, one could argue that its really $500 after cash back.

Still, not bad for a well known brand.

Martin

Specs are:

Intel(r) Celeron Processor M550 2.0GHz, 533MHz FSB, 1MB L2 cache
Mobile Intel(r) GL960 Express Chipset
Genuine Windows Vista(r) Home Basic
120GB 2.5" SATA HDD
1GB DDR2 667 RAM - expandable to 2GB
15.4" WXG A Active Matrix 200NIT (1280x800 resolution) Screen
Titanium Silver Case Finish
Intel(r) Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
Integrated Realtek 802.11 b/g Wireless LAN
Integrated Intel(r) 10/100Mbps TX Ethernet (Wired LAN)
V.92 data + fax modem
DVD Super Multi Dual / Double Layer Drive
A4 Windows Vista(r) keyboard and Wide TouchPad(tm) pointing device
Massive Inputs/Output Port Selection:
Express card slot
RGB external VGA display
3 x USB 2.0
V.92 data + fax modem
10/100Mbps Ethernet LAN
Headphone & microphone port
Bridge media Reader/ Writer slot (SD, MMC, Memory Stick/Memory Stick Pro, XD)
Integrated microphone
Integrated Web Camera
Intel(r) High Definition Audio
ACPI, PnP, VESA, DPMS, DDC, SM BIOS, PCI BIOS Support, Boot Device, TSETUP
Integrated Web Camera
6 cell Lithium-Ion battery
75W worldwide AC adaptor
Dimensions: 362mm(w) x 267.8mm(d) x 33.5/37.7mm(h)
Weight: Approx 2.6kg