[Melbourne-pm] Linux.conf.au Open Day - 2nd February 2008

leif.eriksen at hpa.com.au leif.eriksen at hpa.com.au
Mon Jan 7 15:43:32 PST 2008

I too can help for a couple of hours. Morning or afternoon ?

What kind of stuff do we want to do ? Flyers and stuff need to be
organised, and we should see if we can pump someone for some prizes
that people who come to our table can win.

We could also run some kind of activity - mind runs wild at this
point...

We could do some talks, my fav would be something to dispel the 'Perl is
write-only' perception - so a short 20 minutes showing some
exceptionally clear Perl. We could do that every couple of hours.

On that slant, what about a modified Mythbuster's-style theme where we
take common Perl misconceptions and bust em!! I bags being Jamie - I may
even have enough time to grow a moustache. I nominate Alfie to be Adam -
just cause I think it would be really funny to see him get blown up ! We
are going to blow stuff up, right ?

We could run a hack-a-thon for ourselves, something to do between
talking to attendees - if we could organise a projector to use this as a
background , it would make a great "what are they doing over there,
where the big emacs session is ? Dunno, lets have a look"

I dunno if Scott is free and up to dragging the big board out again.
What about hooking up some stepper motors to the transmitter for your
R/C helicopter - we'll use your Device::Serial and some driver boards to
write a flight control program !! Should take only a day !

IMPORTANT
The contents of this e-mail and its attachments are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If
you received this e-mail in error, please notify the HPA Postmaster, postmaster at hpa.com.au,
then delete  the e-mail.
This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for the
presence of computer viruses by Ironport. Before opening or using any
attachments, check them for viruses and defects.
Our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.
HPA collects personal information to provide and market our services. For more
information about use, disclosure and access see our Privacy Policy at
www.hpa.com.au