[Melbourne-pm] Linux.conf.au Open Day - 2nd February 2008

jarich at perltraining.com.au jarich at perltraining.com.au
Sun Jan 6 23:28:28 PST 2008

Dear Melbourne Perl Mongers members,

I have yet to hear from someone in this group about hosting a free community
table at this year's LCA Open Day.

>From January 28th - February 2nd, Melbourne will host one of the
world's best FOSS conferences: Linux.conf.au.  On the last day, Saturday
February 2nd we will be running an Open Day for the general public to
showcase open source.  The 2007 open day had a fantastic line-up of
displays including:

	- Virtual Reality
	- Blender 3D
	- One Laptop Per Child
	- MythTV
	- Linux Gaming

(for more see: http://www.linux.org.au/conf/2007/OpenDay.html)

To make this day more fabulous, I would like to invite your group to host a
community table.  There are only two requirements:

	- Open Source must be involved.
	- You need to supply your own computers, flyers and people.

In return, we'll supply you with tables, chairs, power sources, wireless
(hopefully), food, drink and visitors.  With luck you can raise the profile of
your user group (and get some more members) while increasing the attendees'
awareness of Open Source.

If your group would be interested in having a stand, please let me know by
either responding to this email or contacting openday at mel8ourne.org  If
you'd like to attend or if you know anyone who might like to attend please
register (it's free) at:

	http://linux.conf.au/programme/open-day

Everyone is welcome and I encourage you to bring your friends and family.

All the best,

	Jacinta