[Melbourne-pm] Next meeting: 14th May. LIGHTNING TALKS

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Wed Apr 30 22:54:51 PDT 2008

G'day Toby / MPM,

Toby Corkindale wrote:

> It's not strictly Perl, nor a 5 min talk, but I mentioned to Paul at the
> last meeting that I could do a quick talk on using Git for source
> control, with a quick run-through of how to use it.

Oh goodness!  You did indeed!  Talking about git could be considered a bit
Perlish, since the Perl 5 source is moving to git as its source-control
system.  You could make it especially Perlish if you added git-fu on how to
run Perl::Critic or something similar before code gets committed.

> I'm still happy to do a cut-down version in five minutes though, if
> people are interested?

You immediately qualify on the 5-minute version because if we're doing
lightning talks, then that's a lightning talk.  ;)

I'd personally love to see git as a longer talk (unless anyone complains),
so I'd propose the git talk as the "feature talk" for the evening, with
lightning talks either before or after.

Cheerio,

	Paul

--