[Melbourne-pm] SGM reminder next week: Wednesday 9th April

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Thu Apr 3 17:38:47 PDT 2008

G'day folk,

Our next meeting will be held next week on Wednesday 9th April.

Special General Meeting - Starting 6:30pm sharp

* Summary of Melbourne Perl Mongers' financial situation
* Description of current Melbourne Perl Mongers' state.
* A vote will be put to the membership on the following points.

	* To end the official registered association.

	* To become a part of the Open Source Developers' Club Association.

	* To pass on assets to the Open Source Developers' Club Association

Please note that should we end our official registered association, Melbourne
Perl Mongers will continue to meet as normal.  This merely removes the
requirement for us to have a committee and fulfil the legal obligations of being
an Association.

Only paid members of Melbourne Perl Mongers are required to vote at the SGM.
The secretary (Alec Clews) should be able to inform you of whether you are a
paid member.

Regular Meeting - Starting after completion of SGM (approximately 6:45pm)

Talks and celebrations.  More to be announced.

Meeting Location
================

We will meet at DatacomIT.  The address is:

	70 Dorcas Street, Southbank

A map for this location can be found at: http://tinyurl.com/2n7alg

For those coming by public transport, it appears you can catch the following trams:

	* 55 West Coburg/Domain Interchange
	* Any trams which go through the Domain Interchange on St Kilda Road
	  (3, 5, 6, 8, 64, 67, 72)
	* 1 East Coburg/South Melbourne Beach

Car access to Dorcas St is via Kings Way, St Kilda Road or Park St. If you are
not familiar with the area remember that Dorcas St is broken by Kings way and it
is not possible to drive from the South Melbourne end. Park St does cross Kings
Way.  Street parking is easy at 6.45PM. There is also secure parking but it
should not be need unless people turn up very early.

For the pub after the meeting we'll go to the "Town Hall".  This is a 5-10
minute walk to the other side of Kings way. The address is: 137 Bank St, South
Melbourne, http://www.townhall.com.au/