[Melbourne-pm] In regard to last night's talk...

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Wed Sep 12 17:39:12 PDT 2007

A few URLs for those who might've missed them flying past on the overheads:

1) http://perlbuzz.com/ is the new Perl blog in town.  You might find
http://perlbuzz.com/cpan-watch/ particularly useful for keeping up
with what's new and noteworthy on CPAN.

2) http://perlsurvey.org/ -- If you haven't taken it, take it!  This
week I'm trying to get people in academia/science/research who use
Perl to take the survey, so if you know anyone in these fields, please
pass on the message to them.  There's a standard email you can cut and
paste at http://perlsurvey.org/publicity/

3) http://freebase.com/ is where you can find Freebase.  I have 3
invitations left but can probably get more if I ask.  The module to
talk to FB in Perl is Metaweb.pm, available from your local CPAN
mirror.

Thanks to everyone who attended last night.  It was a really great
turnout!  Pity about the bugs in the food delivery process at the pub,
though :-/

K.

--
Kirrily Robert