[Melbourne-pm] CPAN Vs Package managers

Alec Clews alecclews at gmail.com
Wed May 9 22:26:03 PDT 2007

G'Day,

On 10/05/07, Craig Sanders <cas at taz.net.au> wrote:

> On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 11:10:32AM +1000, Leigh Sharpe wrote:
> > Just wanted some people's thoughts on what the 'best' way to install
> > perl modules on linux is: CPAN or your distro's package manager.
>
> if the distro has a package for the perl module you want, then use the
> distro's package - that way all dependancies will end up being satisifed
> (both packages that your module depends on and packages that depend on
> your module)

I thought this information was so useful I have very quickly slapped into
perl.net.au (see http://perl.net.au/wiki/Installing_Perl_Modules_on_Linux).
I did it very quickly so please correct, expand and make sure you get the
credit for your quotes from this thread.

Cheers

--
Alec Clews <alecclews at gmail.com>             Melbourne, Australia.
Jabber:  alecclews at jabber.org.au             PGPKey ID: 0x9BBBFC7C