[Melbourne-pm] Perl tip ideas

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue Mar 20 21:30:14 PDT 2007

Hi Mr. Measham! (and List)

On Tuesday 20 March 2007, Rick Measham wrote:
> Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > I'd like my tips to be Public Domain (under the Creative Commons deed),
> > and that they'll include attribution and a link to my homesite.
>
> That sounds more like the 'by' or 'Attribution' licence:
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
>
> By using the Public Domain Deed you relinquish the right to attribution.

You misunderstood me. While the text of the tip itself would be PD and not
require any attribution when re-distributed or modified, I'd like the
original version as published on the Perl Training Australia site to include
an attribution, so people who read it *there* will learn about me and my
site.

But as it seems from Ms. Richardson's letter, I'm not the one who's going to
write it after all, but may possibly be credited with the idea and with
giving technical support in writing the tips.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il