[Melbourne-pm] need help for one kind of script

andrewcreer at fastmail.fm andrewcreer at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 28 17:10:44 PDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 05:58:02PM +0530, ankur dave wrote:
>    hello
>
>    I need one script which will give me the last updated file from the
>    specified directory.
>    My problem is let say I am working on /var/www/test/ and in this we have
>    some 5 other folders and so many perl and PHP files.
>    now I will update all the files but at the end of the day I want to know
>    what are the files I have updated.
>
>    can I have that kind of solution.
>    if you find any link in shell or perl or php let me know.
>
>    may be dolution is avail in one simple shell script but I do not know or
>    ?? some thing else :)
I use
 find .  -printf '%T@\t' -ls |sort -nr

which prints the modified date in epoch seconds for each
file in a tree, and pipes through a numerical sort in
reverse order.  Can be combined with Craig's ideas for
limiting to the previous 24 hours.

>    thnx.
>    ankur

Andrew Creer                    Phone  + 61 3 9689 5299
Systems Developer               Fax    + 61 3 9689 5399
Horizon Research Corporation