[Melbourne-pm] Winding up of associations

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Tue Jun 12 23:17:32 PDT 2007

G'day Everyone,

Looks like we can't actually wind up MPM with a vote at the AGM.  According
to the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 an association can only be wound
up voluntarily by special resolution.

To have a special resolution, we need a 3/4 majority vote, and provide 21
days notice to members of the meeting at which the special resolution shall
be voted upon.  As far as I can tell we have done this.  So while we can
certainly discuss the best legal entity (or lack thereof) at tonight's AGM,
I don't believe we can actually alter its structure, even if 3/4s of the
members think it's a good idea.

Cheerio,

	Paul

--