[Melbourne-pm] Testing non-pel scripts with Test::Harness

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Thu Feb 15 09:22:17 PST 2007

Hi all!

On Wednesday 14 February 2007, Simon Taylor wrote:
> Hello Martin,
>
> > Anyone been here before?  Anyone know Test::Harness well enough to tell
> > me what I'm doing wrong?
>
> You need to tell Test::Harness to stop using the '-w ' switch:
>
> perl -MTest::Harness -e
> '$Test::Harness::switches=undef;runtests("./a1.tcl")'

As I was trying the same with the Test::Harness-based "prove" and the
Test::Run-based "runprove", I found out a problem with runprove. Apparently,
it used to pass "-w" to the scripts even if no command line switches were
specified on the command line. So I fixed this bug and now everything is
peachy in its Subversion trunk.

Thanks for noting that.

BTW, it works because perl detects the sha-bang and run the alternative
program specified there instead.

Oh and also look at:

http://use.perl.org/~Ovid/journal/32092

Regards,