[Melbourne-pm] Postcode verification

Brendon Oliver brendon.oliver at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 20:33:21 PST 2007

On Thursday 15 February 2007 15:22, Leigh Sharpe wrote:
> Hi All,
>  Does anybody know of any method of looking up Australian postcodes?
> I need to validate the input on a postal address, and confirm that the
> postcode given for the suburb is correct.
> A quick search of CPAN doesn't yield anything promising.

Perhaps download the postcode database from:

http://www1.auspost.com.au/postcodes/index.asp?sub=2

it's a CSV file which you should be able to readily parse (do I smell a CPAN
module coming... ;-)

cheers,

- b.

--
Emotions are alien to me.  I'm a scientist.
		-- Spock, "This Side of Paradise", stardate 3417.3

 15:33:04 up 57 days, 59 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.29, 0.24, 0.19