[Melbourne-pm] Desktop environments

Christopher Short crshort at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 17:35:18 PST 2007

In my office we have 3 different project teams of approx 6 people
each, working on Unix-Perl based systems, but all using Windows
laptops.

In my last job my department only had a perl dev team of 4. When I
joined 4 years before we were all using old Sun boxes, but management
insistence on all staff using Windows machines saw most people moving
over to PCs, with very few stubborn people insisting on working on
their Sun boxes with the PCs to the side for access to email, the
Windows network, the intranet, timesheeting site etc.

Christopher