[Melbourne-pm] Mod_perl2

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Wed Sep 13 19:05:32 PDT 2006

Hey Guys

Firstly - sorry about my unprepaired talk last night. Work has been a
bit crazy, and I should have remember my rule about doing unprepared
talks :-)

Anyway, some questions got me thinking, in particular the appropriate
use of mod_perl vs other methods of writing applications. And that
got me thinking - where do I write such stuff?

What is needed, like with most OS projects, is a good WIKI to
collaboratively update the mod_perl content. Although a mod_perl wiki
should really be part of the mod_perl project, rather than going down
that track, until it is required/popular, I suggest we create some
pages on perl.net.au.

The sort of topics I would like to cover are:

* Why should you use mod_perl
* Why should you use mod_perl2
* Why should you not use mod_perl
* Processing Parameters, Environment Variables and Headers - in
Content and Filter handlers (and other stages)

That sort of thing.

Scooter
--
* - *  http://www.osdc.com.au - Open Source Developers Conference * - *
Scott Penrose
scott at cpan.org

Dismaimer: While every attempt has been made to make sure that this
email only contains zeros and ones, there has been no effort made to
guarantee the quantity or the order.

Please do not send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Microsoft is not the answer. It's the question. And the answer is no.