[Melbourne-pm] Software Freedom Day Bazaar Update and Program

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Fri Sep 1 05:01:20 PDT 2006

G'day everyone,

Only 16 days to go! The countdown is on.

Melbourne Perl Mongers has been invited to participate in Software Freedom Day
at the Melbourne Town Hall.

If you'd like to help man the Melbourne Perl Mongers section of the Information
Stands set up for the users' groups then please volunteer on this list.  It
would be great to have the table covered with 1-2 people from 11am - 5pm, so
even if you're only available for an hour, please let us know.  Having stood at
the Melbourne Perl Mongers tables at the old VTR user group open days, I can
assure you that this will be quite fun.  To show our appreciation to anyone who
participates, Perl Training Australia will sponsor soft drinks for those
standing behind the table.

If you have any Melbourne PM posters you'd like to put up, or Melbourne PM
flyers or Perl related business cards to give out, then bring them along to the
next meeting (September 13th) and I'll make sure they turn up.  It would be
great to advertise PerlMeme and similar projects as part of our desk.

Kylie and Donna (and the rest of the SFD team) have done a great job of
organising this day.  If you'd like to be involved in other ways (such as bump
in, and bump out) please contact Kylie (CCed on this email) to ask what needs to
be done.

There's a poster to advertise the event at the bottom of this page:

	http://vic.computerbank.org.au/Members/kylie/sfdbazaar06

Please print it out and spread the message.  A successful event is a great boon
to Melbourne Perl Mongers as well!

The day's event calendar is below:

Software Freedom Day Bazaar

Saturday September 16th 11am - 5pm

Town Hall Program

11am to 12.15am: Bazaar Open - Software Demonstrations and Information
Stands (all day)

12.15am to12.20pm: Official Opening by MC, Paul Fenwick.

12.20pm to 12.40pm: Software Freedom and Linux Australia (not final).
Jon Oxer, Linux Australia

12.40pm to 1.00pm: Web Based Free and Open Source Software for Business.
Mark Gray, The WWW Shop

1.00pm to 1.20pm: Liberty not Price. Steve Middleton, Community Media
Services

1.20pm to 1.40pm: Bridging the Digital Divide with Free and Open Source
Software. Kylie Davies, Computerbank Victoria

1.40pm to 2.00pm: The Open Source Developers Conference 2006. Jacinta
Richardson, Open Source Developers Club

2.10pm to 3.00pm: BBC Documentary. The Codebreakers

3.00pm to 4.00pm: Live Linux Laptop World First, Best Dressed Geek
Fashion Show, Video link up with other events

4.00pm to 5.00pm: Software Demonstrations. Official Close and Thanks

Information stands by Computerbank Victoria, Linux Australia, Linux
Users of Victoria, Ballarat Linux Users Group, Melbourne LinuxChix,
Melbourne Linux User Group, Melbourne Wireless, Melbourne Perl Mongers,
Open Source Developers Club, Open Source Victoria, Open Source Industry
in Australia, OzZope Users group, Community Media Services, Indymedia
Melbourne, Ubuntu-au, and more.