[Melbourne-pm] Picture Management API

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Wed Mar 15 01:51:42 PST 2006

You guys have provided me some wicked feedback and I am now starting
the design.

My plan is to produce an API that works with the following backends:

* Apple iPhoto
* FLICKR
* Simple (directories and files, no caching, simple search)
* Local (my own additional search indexes, caching thumbnails etc,
but basically directories & files)
* Gallery::Remote

If I can get one API to work with those then I have been a success.

The most important first step is the class hierarchy, methods and
tests - I have put together the initial tree and hope to get that out
to everyone here to review before I go head long into the hard core
coding. I want to get partial direction right :-)

Thanks