[Melbourne-pm] Document Management System

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Mon Jan 30 18:16:47 PST 2006

Sounds very close yes.

Basic requirements of the system are:

* File based restrictions
	- Who can view
	- Who can edit (upload / replace)

* Simple version control
	- eg: Keep old versions
	- Mark current version (so you can be working on a draft)

* Simple MetaData
	- Title, Description
	- Last modified and who

* Simple organisation
	- eg: Directories

* Checkout
	- Not essential, but nice to know someone is working on it

This is for a group of about 25+ people, geographically diverse (all
around Australia) and all based on Web and simple system.
I will avoid DAV at this stage and stick to HTTP Post.

Scott

--
* - *  http://www.osdc.com.au - Open Source Developers Conference * - *
Scott Penrose
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: If you receive this email in error - please eat it
immediately to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands.

Please do not send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Microsoft is not the answer. It's the question. And the answer is no.