[Melbourne-pm] Lightning Talks

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Wed Jan 11 02:42:30 PST 2006

Ben Marsh wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am only new to perl mongers.  However I would still be interested in
> doing a lightening talk.  However I dont want to bore everyone to tears.

One of the great things about lightning talks is that they only take 7 minutes.
   This means it's easy to keep the audiences' attention for the majority of
your talk.  At worst, even if someone is an appallingly bad speaker, or is
talking about a dreadfully boring topic, all of the audience knows that it'll be
over in just a few minutes.  :)  As a result, you won't be able to bore us to
tears unless you try really hard.  So fear not!

> Is there anyway to find out what people would be interested in hearing
> about?

I collected some requested talk ideas over on

	http://perl.net.au/wiki/Melbourne_Perl_Mongers/Meeting_History

a couple of months ago, but I'm note sure that they're all appropriate for
lightning talks.

If anyone wants to add to that list, it would be great.  If we get a lot of
additions, we should put it on its own page.

> The ideas that I was working on were:
>
> * Translating VBScript and JScript to Perl and Win32::OLE

Sounds short and sweet.

> * What I use Perl for.

Likewise.

I look forward to hearing them.

	Jacinta

--
   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |