[Melbourne-pm] Lightning Talks

Ben Marsh blm at woodheap.org
Wed Jan 11 02:10:24 PST 2006

Hello all,

I am only new to perl mongers.  However I would still be interested in
doing a lightening talk.  However I dont want to bore everyone to tears.
Is there anyway to find out what people would be interested in hearing
about?  The ideas that I was working on were:

* Translating VBScript and JScript to Perl and Win32::OLE

There are many opurtunities for automation and other scripting on the
Win32 platform.  However much of the documentation and examples on the
Internet deal with VBScript implementation.  This talk will describe
with examples the Perl implementation of such scripts.

* What I use Perl for.

The things that I have done with perl.  Automation of common Win32
server tasks. Also hobby based linux scripting and web scraping.

Thats the best I can do at the moment.  If these are uninteresting let
me know. Also if there are things that you want to know about but dont
have enough time to research yourself maybe you could let me know?

Any thoughts appreciated,

Ben Marsh