[Melbourne-pm] Hello

Josh Heumann melbourne.pm at joshheumann.com
Wed Dec 27 19:24:30 PST 2006

<quote who='Andrew Savige' when='Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 12:02:13PM +1100'>
> Yes, welcome Josh! You certainly chose the right Australian city.
> Melbourne is definitely the Perl capital of Australia.

Good to hear.  For a moment, I was worried that I was wandering into
Lisp Country.

> Actually, Josh is probably coming from the Perl capital of the USA.
> At Pdx-pm, he was leading such Perl luminaries as Randal Schwartz,
> Alison Randal, chromatic, Schwern, Ovid, Ingy, Tom Phoenix, Tonya
> Harding, Monica Lewinsky, ...

I wish I could dispute that, especially Randal :)

> Jacinta, Josh may be able to help you with recruiting new members to
> Melb.pm. He seemed to show a flair for that sort of thing in Portland,
> judging by this post:

In my own defence, that was the freakiest neighbor I've ever had.  And
no, he never showed up to the meetings.

But I can comiserate with Jacinta as to how difficult it is to get
perlmongers to show up to a meeting.  I've found that beer helps.

Either way, it looks like I'll be missing the January meeting.  My
medical paperwork is taking longer than expected.  If I'm lucky, I'll be
there in time for the February meeting.