[Melbourne-pm] OT: Melbourne job: Senior PHP Developer - "the best place to do PHP in Australia"

Andrew Stuart andrew.stuart at flatraterecruitment.com.au
Wed Aug 23 18:24:07 PDT 2006

Melbourne job: Senior PHP Developer - "the best place to do PHP in
Australia"

Perl, C/C++ or OO language experience is desirable for this role but the
role itself is coding in PHP - we want someone who is primarily a PHP
developer but has experience across a range of programming languages.

I recently heard someone describe this company as "the best place to do PHP
in Australia".  We think it is, but why?  A large team of passionate
like-minded smart software engineers, a highly successful, well-funded
company, a technically driven environment, a relaxed yet hard working
Internet-company environment, exciting and challenging work, interesting
problems to solve, open source technologies and exciting new systems to
develop.

* Challenging back-end development - designing and building a sophisticated
API in OO PHP
* Exciting Internet company in the Web analytics and search field
* St Kilda Rd location
* Linux environment

This is not "yet another PHP job building small websites".  This is a chance
to work at a leading global Internet search and web analytics company.  This
company is one of Australia's greatest Internet success stories.

If you want real-world programming challenges then this may be the job for
you.

We're looking for someone who thinks logically and is passionate about PHP
development.

We're looking for someone who does this work because they love it.

Core Activities:

* Develop advanced OO PHP software
* Apply your superior problem solving skills to come up with innovative
solutions
* Implement optimised SQL queries from PHP
* Liaise with developers

Essential Skills:

* Strong Object Oriented PHP Programming experience
* Strong SQL database experience
* Team player

Desired Skills:
* Knowledge of Perl, Linux and UNIX shell scripting

This is an exciting, growing company that is already successful and becoming
more so every day.

You'll need a sense of humour but you won't need a suit - this is a
suit-free software development environment.

We welcome telephone enquiries to (03) 9696 1616

If this sounds like you then send your resume to
info at flatraterecruitment.com.au

Please note this is a salaried full time role.