[Melbourne-pm] help with HTML::Mason and RT3?

Malcolm Herbert melbourne-pm at mjch.net
Wed Jun 29 22:04:05 PDT 2005

I've been talking it over off-list with Andrew Creer, but I'll repost
the original message here

|I've just installed RT 3.2.3 onto a NetBSD 2.0.2 system with
|Perl 5.8.6, PostgreSQL 7.4.7, Apache 1.3.33 and mod_perl 1.29 ... and
|a whole heap of Perl modules whose version numbers I'll list iff we need
|them ... :)
|
|Anyway, I have PostgreSQL running OK and have initialised the RT3 database
|without problems.  Apache seems to be running HTML::Mason OK, however
|I'm stuck because of what appear to be errors with the code in index.html:
|
||Error during compilation of /usr/pkg/share/rt3/html/index.html:
||Global symbol "%session" requires explicit package name at /usr/pkg/share/rt3/html/index.html line 101.
||Global symbol "%session" requires explicit package name at /usr/pkg/share/rt3/html/index.html line 124.
||Global symbol "%session" requires explicit package name at /usr/pkg/share/rt3/html/index.html line 124.
||Global symbol "%session" requires explicit package name at /usr/pkg/share/rt3/html/index.html line 139.
||Global symbol "%session" requires explicit package name at /usr/pkg/share/rt3/html/index.html line 151.
||Global symbol "%session" requires explicit package name at /usr/pkg/share/rt3/html/index.html line 72.
||Global symbol "%session" requires explicit package name at /usr/pkg/share/rt3/html/index.html line 90.
|
|... this strikes me as something obvious that would have been picked
|up before any code release which makes me suspect that there's something
|wrong with my configuration of Apache or HTML::Mason somewhere ...
|
|My Apache config is pretty standard apart from adding the following:
|
|(as recommended in the install notes for mod_perl):
|
|LoadModule perl_module lib/httpd/mod_perl.so
|<Files ~ "\.pl$">
|   PerlHandler         Apache::Registry
|   PerlSendHeader      On
|   SetHandler          perl-script
|   Options             +ExecCGI
|</Files>
|
|(as recommended in the install notes for HTML::Mason):
|
|<Location />
|   SetHandler perl-script
|   PerlHandler HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
|</Location>
|
|... does anyone have any clues as to where I could look for the problem?

Since then Andrew and I have looked at the Apache config and modified
it by commenting out the <Files> </Files> directive above and adding

PerlModule HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler

before the <Location> </Location> directive

Unfortunately the errors persist unchanged ...

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                    System Administrator
ph [990] 54881 rm 28-241                          School of GeoSciences