[Melbourne-pm] Perl garbage collection behaviour

Harley Mackenzie hjm at bigpond.com
Wed Aug 24 17:18:06 PDT 2005

Interesting idea - It does output a line of text each time it does a poll. I shall investigate but I cant see why it would be about 8KB.

Regards,

Harley

On 25/08/2005 at 9:53 AM Wesley Moore wrote:

>This is a bit of a long shot, but does it output a lot of text or
>something that the console window might be buffering until its asked
>to repaint as a result of being restored?
>
>Wes
>
>On 8/25/05, Harley Mackenzie <hjm at bigpond.com> wrote:
>> No - it is a console application (really should run as a service but I
>need to sort this out first), so I am just bringing up the DOS window to
>the foreground and then minimising.

     Dr. Harley Mackenzie         ACN:   087 953 839
                                  ABN:   27 087 953 839
     HARD Software                Web:   www.hardsoftware.com
     207 Noble Street             Tel:   +61 3 5222 3435
     Newtown 3220, Australia      Email: hjm at hardsoftware.com