[Melbourne-pm] Committee Positions (meeting 6:15pm tonight)

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Tue Oct 12 18:17:37 CDT 2004

Hi there

Here is some information on the positions we seek for Melbourne Perl
Mongers

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/cbav/fairsite.nsf/pages/of_asso_assoc

The information in the URL above explains what is required of
positions. For example it explains about the responsibility of the
public officer (eg: to organise an AGM within 5 months of the end of
the financial year, which is December 31 btw for us).

Positions (please note I forgot Vice-President in the last):
	President
	Vice-President
	Treasurer
	Secretary
	2 * Ordinary Members

Some Notes:

	* Some overlap can occur (eg: one person can be up to two roles)
	* We require a minimum number of 5 on the committee

Time and motion:

	What we do with Melbourne Perl Mongers is up to us as a group.
	So how much time is required from committee members is really
	going to be up to that committee on how much time they want
	to spend.
	However, I believe that we are a fairly informal group and that
	apart from the annual general meeting I see that the committee
	really has a very small role and will not tax too much time
	from people whom are interested.
	Probably the most important role will be to make sure the
	monthly meetings are run.

The Process;

	* Accept new members ($10 each)
	* Welcome
	* Nominate interested parties
		- Requires 2 members plus permissions from candidate
		- Must be documented (singed on a bit of paper)
	* Vote for positions (where there is more than 1 for a position)
		- Record positions, signed by new committee
	* Thank you

I will have a full copy of the rules on the night and some of the
relevant FAQs, but if you have any questions please ask now.

Scott
- --
* - *  http://www.osdc.com.au - Open Source Developers Conference * - *
Scott Penrose
VP in charge of Pancakes
http://linux.dd.com.au/
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: If you receive this email in error - please eat it
immediately to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands.

Please do not send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Microsoft is not the answer. It's the question. And the answer is no.