[ alexandria-Support Requests-933960 ] Project registration rejection: perlmeme-org

Simon Taylor simon at unisolve.com.au
Wed May 12 18:40:41 CDT 2004

Hello all,

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback last night, it was very useful.

We've just received an email from sourceforge, (what wondeful timing)
indicating that they have reversed their earlier decision, and that we can
now host the project on sourceforge.

Of course this doesn't mean that the *site* itself will be hosted at
sourceforge, just the software and content for the site.

I'll send out the details of the various perlmeme mailing lists once we've set
them up.

Have a look a what the sourceforge guy has to say about Perl:

> Hi Becky,
>
> As I mentioned we don't typically host 'content generation'
> projects.  I know there are a few of them out there on
> sf.net, based on exceptions (or oversights) we have made in
> the past.
>
> Given the importance of PERL in the Open Source Community,
> I'm going to make an exception here.  Thank you for choosing
> SF.NET.  I apologize for the delay.
>
> Pat

Regards,

Simon Taylor