VTR Open Day - Demonstrations, Come Visit and Volunteers

Gabor Szabo gabor at perl.org.il
Tue Mar 30 14:31:48 CST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Jacinta Richardson wrote:

> First of all, this isn't really "how it is in Australia", but "how it is
> in Melbourne".

Typical foreigner behaviour. Does not see the difference. Shame on me :-)
Maybe if I visited various parts of Australia I could tell the difference
even later.
Any time you need a visiting trainer I am open for invitations :)

> This year I noticed the following setups, there may have been more that I
> didn't notice.
>
> 	* Melbourne Perl Mongers
> 	* A Melbourne PHP group
> 	* IBM UG
> 	* A Extreme Programming UG
> 	* Linux Users Victoria (LUV)
> 	* System Administrations Guild Australia (SAGE-AU)
> 	* A Java group
> 	* .NET (but I didn't visit them so I don't know how UGy it was)

This seems to be a much shorter list than the one I found on the PHP web
site http://melbourne.ug.php.net/content/view/28/59/
or those little moving icons on the VTR site.

Jacinta, could you help me in pointing me to the right person at VTR to
get some help from them ?

regards
   Gabor