VTR and XP

leif.eriksen at hpa.com.au leif.eriksen at hpa.com.au
Wed Mar 31 11:37:08 CST 2004

Maybe that was the key - a Users Group actually _using_ the tool at an
open day. Hopefully somebody forwards this to VTR as a suggestion for
better Open Days in the future.

I think there is great mileage in the Open Day concept, and VTR are to
be congratulated for the courageous donation of their facilities in
supporting the quite badly bruised Melbourne development community. I am
particularly impressed that a player in an industry sector (IT
recruitment), that is often seen as quite shallow and cynical, is giving
back so generously to the people their business is built on.

I ended up speaking to one participant on Perl OO and HTML::Template for
about 20 minutes - he left saying he was going staight home to try it.
Winner!! And I caught up with an old school chum I last saw 7 years ago.

I had an absolute ball.

Leif

--
Leif Eriksen
Senior Analyst/Programmer

HPA
Direct: +61 3 9217 5545
Fax   : +61 3 9217 5702

http://www.hpa.com.au/

IMPORTANT
The contents of this e-mail and its attachments are confidential and intended
addressed.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify
the HPA Postmaster, postmaster at hpa.com.au, then delete
the e-mail.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for
the presence of computer viruses by MimeSweeper.  Before opening or
using any attachments, check them for viruses and defects.

Our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.

HPA collects personal information to provide and market our services.
For more information about use, disclosure and access see our Privacy
Policy at www.hpa.com.au