[Melbourne-pm] Call for testing - Proc::UID 0.03

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Wed Jun 9 09:51:08 CDT 2004

G'day everyone,

Those of you who attended yesterday's meeting will know that I'm looking
for testers for Proc::UID.  If you're running a non-Linux 2.4.x, Unix
flavoured operating system, then I'm very interested in getting test
results from you.  Especially if you have root on your system, as that
allows a greater number of tests to run.

Testing and giving me feedback is simple.  Just scoot over to CPAN:

	http://search.cpan.org/~pjf/Proc-UID-0.03/

Download the file, unpack, and run:

	./sendtests

from the distribution.  This will make, test, prepare an e-mail, and ask
you for confirmation to send it.  If for any reason it doesn't work,
then I'd love you to send me the results of:

	perl -V
	perl Makefile.PL
	make
	make test

to me at <proc-uid-test at perltraining.com.au>.  If you're lazy, you can
run './sendtests -y' and it will do everything *and* send the mail
without any interaction required whatsoever.

If your system doesn't get past the 'make' stage, then I'm especially
interested in hearing from you.  Please send me the results of the steps
above.

Besides from warm fuzzys, you'll also make ensure that Proc::UID runs
correctly on your operating system.

Many thanks,

	Paul

--