mod_perl question

Joshua Goodall joshua at roughtrade.net
Mon Feb 9 19:25:14 CST 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 12:17:41PM +1100, Paul Fenwick wrote:
> G'day Kat, Carolyn, Scotty, and Mongers,

> I've always cheated and just used $ENV{REQUEST_URI} when I've needed it.
>  Works in both mod_perl and in standard CGI scripts.  ;)

I don't think that's cheating!  If you mentally separate the role
of "application" (script) from "application container" (runtime
environment), then it's clearly up to the container to construct
application-instance-specific URIs.  And please forgive me for
sounding like a java weenie.

Joshua Goodall                           "as modern as tomorrow afternoon"
joshua at roughtrade.net                                       - FW109