[Melbourne-pm] Perl web application framework recommendations

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Sat Aug 14 04:43:47 CDT 2004

I am looking at doing some web application development, both to keep my
hand in on the programming side and because I have a need for a couple
of database driven tools.

I have taken a look at a variety of packages out there, and now I am
looking for recommendations about which ones actually work *well*.

So far, the three options that look worth considering are OpenInteract,
Maypole and writing my own framework.

Also, in terms of modeling the data, one issue that I have is that I
need to store an ordered set of objects associated with a given object.

I also don't fancy writing my own database persistence layer, if I can
at all avoid it, so I have been looking at those.

So far, only Tangram seems to offer this functionality, and this is not
well spoken of in a google search, and the lack of a home is also not
very inspiring.

Does anyone have anything helpful to offer, or especially a Class::DBI
based solution with code, to achieve this?

Thanks,
        Daniel
--
Only pigs under husbandry without recourse are filthy animals. Swine in the
wild are fastidious. I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us.