[Melbourne-pm] Proc::UID testing, call for machines

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Sun Aug 8 20:53:33 CDT 2004

G'day Everyone,

After a small break, I'm working on improving Proc::UID to provide
better support for systems that do not provide a native
getresuid/setresuid implementation.  I'm hoping to start with BSD and
friends, as that covers a very large number of installed systems.  After
that I'll worry about systems like Solaris where you have to dig into
the /proc filesystem to get your saved-UID.

Unfortunately, I don't have any BSD boxes handy, which makes my
development cycle on these machines rather long.

As such, I'm requesting a little help.  If anyone happens to have a *BSD
machine (including MacOS X), and does not mind me having access to it,
please let me know.  All I really need is Perl, cvs, and a compiler --
having man pages would definitely be a plus.  I don't need root, and I'm
happy for my every keystroke to be logged.

It should go without saying, but please make sure that you have the
authority to give me access before making any offer.

Cheerio,

	Paul

--
Paul Fenwick <pjf at perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/