ActiveState acquired by Sophos

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Wed Sep 24 21:20:23 CDT 2003

I thought this would be interesting to members.

Scott

Begin forwarded message:

> From: pudge at perl.org
> Date: Thu Sep 25, 2003  12:05:26 Australia/Melbourne
> To: scottp at dd.com.au
> Subject: [use Perl] Stories for 2003-09-25
>
> use Perl Daily Newsletter
>
> In this issue:
>     * ActiveState Acquired By Sophos
>
> +--------------------------------------------------------------------+
> | ActiveState Acquired By Sophos                                     |
> |   posted by Simon on Wednesday September 24, @07:12 (activestate)  |
> |   http://use.perl.org/article.pl?sid=03/09/24/1114210              |
> +--------------------------------------------------------------------+
>
> Tony pointed me at this interesting [0]press release: "Sophos, a world
> leader in anti-virus protection for businesses, today announced that it
> has acquired ActiveState, a North American software company that
> develops
> anti-spam software for enterprises and professional tools for open
> source
> language programmers". Early indications are they Sophos want to
> continue
> with ActiveState's language tools as well as the anti-spam stuff, but
> time will tell. Update: [1]davorg points at this [2]letter to AS
> customers.
>
> Discuss this story at:
>     http://use.perl.org/comments.pl?sid=03/09/24/1114210
>
> Links:
>     0. http://www.sophos.com/pressoffice/pressrel/uk/activestate.html
>     1. http://www.dave.org.uk/
>     2. http://activestate.com/Corporate/Letter/
>

> Copyright 1997-2003 pudge.  All rights reserved.

> You have received this message because you subscribed to it
> on use Perl.  To stop receiving this and other
> messages from use Perl, or to add more messages
> or change your preferences, please go to your user page.
>
> 	http://use.perl.org/my/messages/
>
> You can log in and change your preferences from there.

- --
Scott Penrose
VP in charge of Pancakes
http://linux.dd.com.au/
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: If you receive this email in error - please eat it
immediately to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands.

Please do not send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.