Advantech Machines

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Tue Oct 28 16:18:48 CST 2003

Those of you at the meeting last night would have seen the little
machines that I have picked up.
I am planning on picking up a few more and wondered if anyone is
interested in some. That way I can save on postage etc.

OK Some details

	http://www.e3.com.au/
modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=307

233 MHz Cyrix, 32MB SO DIMM, 5GB Laptop IDE disk drive, 2 serial,
parallel, 2 USB (1.1), PS/2, VGA, Audio (internal), IRDA (need cable
etc), case, power supply, about 5 watts power, and all in the size of
about a CD Rom Drive.

	$150

The bad news is that they can be expensive to deliver. I am planning to
get the delivered via post (slower) but still with insurance etc. So I
think I will ask for $170 from people, but will return cash if it ends
up costing less.

I have a fully running Linux Debian Testing on my set working perfectly
with all the available hardware (actually I have not tested the IRDA).
I have Perl 5.8 with all the modules, apache server and more all that I
could need and I am not even using 500 MB yet of a 5GB driver - very
good as a remote logging machine considering both the size of the
drive, and the fact that it has USB for retrieving information etc, and
the low power consumption.

Internally they also have LCD controllers and a PC 104 connector. There
is also a programmable rom (including a downloadable network boot rom
from Advantec) and what I think is floppy on chip slot. Theoretically
the web site also mentions Compact Flash but there must be a few
revisions as I can't find that on the bottom or even a solder point for
them.

If you are interested contact me directly (not the lists).

Ta

Scott
- --
Scott Penrose
Open source developer
http://linux.dd.com.au/
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: Open sauce usually ends up never coming out (of the bottle).

Please do not send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.