Problems installing Scalar::Util

Rob Casey rob at cowsnet.com.au
Wed Mar 26 06:23:59 CST 2003

>From a preliminary look at the module and tests, I think you will find
that this is the result of differences in integer representation between
compilers.  The tests in question that are failing are comparing the
result of 1<<31 as returned by Perl and that returned by the dualvar
function from the Scalar::Util package.

My guess as to the most likely cause of this is a difference in the
compiler used to build your Perl binary and that used to build the
Scalar::Util package.

Cheers,
Rob

Rob Casey
Business Manager, Senior IT Consultant
Cowsnet Internet and Professional Services
http://www.cowsnet.com.au