Hello Melbourne PM

Rick Measham rickm at printaform.com.au
Wed Jun 18 21:38:08 CDT 2003

At 9:34 PM -0400 18/6/03, R. Lonstein wrote:
>Perl Mongers -
>
>I'm a New York Perl Monger and will be traveling some of NSW in early
>August (I know, it's Winter but I have the vacation time now).
>Thought I'd join the list and drop a note to see what is going on.
>
>Thanks.
>
>- Ross

G'day Ross,

You might want to look for the Sydney mongers .. we're are about
900km away (or 1400km via the costal road).

Of course, you may well know this or not mind. If you'd like to come
along there's some great drives. Have a look at
http://www.biztravel.com/TRAVEL/SIT/sit_pages/10811.html for a
four-day driving tour. (Of course there's hour-long-flights every
half-hour or so and an overnight or day train trip.)

If you decide to come to Melbourne (in Victoria) you'll find yourself
in one of the world's 'Most Livable Cities' (equal first with
Vancouver) and the 'cultural' capital of Australia. There's always
something going on here, although winter does tend to be a time of
hibernation. Have a look at the city's website
(http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/) for activities and events.

Cheers!
Rick

             There are 10 kinds of people:
   those that understand binary, and those that don't.
   The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck
     is the day they start selling vacuum cleaners