Webhost in Melbourne

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Mon Jun 2 19:56:59 CDT 2003

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Rick Measham wrote:

> I'm looking for a local web-host and I figured PMers might be able to help.
>
> Here's the requirements:
> 1. Linux/Unix based (not Windows!)
> 2. Apx 20MB Storage
> 3. Virtual Machine would be good otherwise:
> 4. Healthy attitude to adding new perl modules
> 5. PostGreSQL database access (with multiple databases)
> 6. Unlimited email accounts, with POP access, forwarding,
> SpamAssassin filtering etc.
>
> I'm currently getting all this from hub.org, but their servers are
> unreliable and are in Panama!
>
> Something local would be better (and faster)

G'day Rick,

I didn't see that anyone had responded to you about this, so I just
thought I might suggest a company I once worked for: Obsidian Consulting
Group.  I wasn't ever involved with their hosting side of things, so I
don't know how suitable they'll be, but I suspect they'll at least be
willing to negotiate on many of your requirements.

You can find their webpage at www.obsidian.com.au

I'm very surprised that noone else mentioned anywhere, but perhaps it was
taken off list.

all the best,

	Jacinta

--
   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson	    |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |