Hint on local DIE handlers in Eval

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Thu Jan 9 23:36:46 CST 2003

> One of the big problems with die handlers is that people don't
> expect them to be changed, hence the need for the rather
> careful footwork seen in Scott's examples.  I'd recommend not
> touching die handlers at all if you can help it, and if you
> *do* need to play with them, restrict them to logging and/or
> modifying the message in question (eg, to wrap it up in an
> exception object), and then re-throwing the die.

Here is the best advice to follow, especially the last line !

Scott Penrose
Anthropomorphic Personification Expert
http://search.cpan.org/search?author=SCOTT
scott at cpan.org

Dismaimer: While every attempt has been made to make sure that this
email only contains zeros and ones, there has been no effort made to
guarantee the quantity or the order.