Cross Platform Perl

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Wed Oct 16 22:40:21 CDT 2002

On Thursday, Oct 17, 2002, at 13:21 Australia/Melbourne, Adam Clarke
wrote:

> One question / clarification (based on my attempt to get this to work).
>
> Shouldn't the below acrually read
>
>    eval 'use My::Module;' ;

Yes absolutely.

All 'use' are loaded automatically at compile time, EVEN if inside an
eval {} or BEGIN {} block.
So you have no choice but to do a run time compile by using an eval
SCALAR.

Scott

--
Scott Penrose
VP in charge of Pancakes
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: If you receive this email in error - please eat it
immediately to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands.